* Milenco by Padgetts is still to officially complete his first lap aboard Superbike machinery at TT 2022. Cummins progress during Monday evening was halted following the red-flag incident involving Sam West.
* Glenn Irwin’s pace during Monday evening (122.924) was made all the more creditable, given that he was nursing a wrist tendonitis problem .
* Having switched to Metzeler for Sunday afternoon practice, fourth fastest overall Michael Dunlop went back to Dunlop rubber last night.
You will notice on the published practice results sheet, that the team name PBM Ducati is located next to the 19 times TT Champion’s name.
Unless the Hawk Racing Suzuki steed has suddenly by magic transformed into a Ducati, I don’t think this is true!
* Speaking of comedy moments, how many noticed Mark Miller’s expletive on Manx Radio on Sunday! In all seriousness it’s been great to hear Mark’s thoughts on competition at the world’s most famous road race.
* A quick shout out to Stephen ‘Trevor’ Parsons, who has defied the odds, shown incredible bravery, determination to make TT 2022. The twice Senior Manx GP winner finished yesterday, 28th quickest in terms of Superstock class exponents.
* On commentary duties at present, Rich Energy OMG Racing’s David Johnson has stated that he hopes to return to Mountain Course action at the Manx Grand Prix in August.
* Fastest speeds recorded per class on Monday through the Sulby speed trap, were as follows:
Superbike: – Peter Hickman – 196.05 mph
Superstock: – James Hillier – 189.037 mph
Supersport: – Joe Loughlin – 171.019 mph
* Quickest Suzuki pilot from Monday’s timed action was Hawk Racing’s Shaun Anderson, who enjoys title sponsorship from Crendon Timber Engineering.
* On route to Manx shores, 2017 Privateers Champion Horst Saiger was travelling alongside a race fan, who has no question made one of the longest journey’s to get to TT 2022, Joseph from Botswana.
* Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Rennie Scaysbrook, is steadily building his confidence around the Mountain Course.
Scaysbrook yesterday registered a best lap time of 20 minutes 35.338 seconds, which equates in speed terms to 109.952 mph.
Photo credit: Nick Wheeler
Words by Stevie Rial #dontletfearcontrolyou