The letter K’s representation in Road Racing News Alphabet Road Racing series, is provided by reigning World Superbike Champion’s Kawasaki.
First founded in 1896, it wasn’t until the early 1960’s till the company founded by Shozo Kawasaki joined the motorcycling industry.
Since then they have enjoyed various prodigious feats in Moto GP, World Superbikes, British Superbikes, World Endurance and the major International road races including the unparalleled TT Races.
Photo by Nick Wheeler
Just some of Kawasaki’s top TT feats are as follows:
* 34 event victories
* 137 podium finishes
* 315 top six finishes
* 610 top ten finishes
* Successive Classic TT victories with Mick Grant from 1977-1978
* First TT win in 1969 via Dave Simmonds Lightweight class success
* Most recent Senior TT Champion’s with Dean Harrison and Silicone Engineering Racing
* Five successive Lightweight TT victories from 2012-2016
* No.1 manufacturer in terms of silver replica TT finishes (235 in total) during the 2010’s
* Podium representation within four of the last five Senior TT’s
Words by Stevie Rial #dontletfearcontrolyou