* Kawasaki’s first event success arose in 1977, thanks to Mick Grant’s sterling efforts.
* Ron Haslam took his first of six Guia Circuit triumphs in 1981.
* 1988 winner Kevin Schwantz, remains the only American victor.
* All but one of Michael Rutter’s Macau wins have been acquired on either Honda or Ducati machinery.
* BMW’s Macau Motorcycle GP wins total stands at four.
* Nine nations have produced biking Champions at Macau.
* In total since 1967, thirty different riders have emerged victorious.
* In race conditions, just one rider has dipped below the 2 minutes 24 seconds barrier, outright lap record holder, Stuart Easton.
* It’s six years since triple TT winner Dean Harrison, last tackled the Guia Circuit.
* One for four-wheel racing fans, the driver with the most Macau Guia Race wins is former World Touring Car Champion Rob Huff.
* Three times winner Sadao Asami, sole TT Races tenure was in 1978.
Photo credit: ID/Sports Bureau of Macao SAR Government
Words by Stevie Rial #dontletfearcontrolyou