Letter O’s representation in Road Racing News Alphabet Road Racing series, is provided by England’s current only active real roads circuit, Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough.
After some turbulent testing times, North Yorkshire’s ‘Mini TT’ has firmly re-established itself in recent times as one of the world’s best pure road race venues.
Just some of the main highlights from last year’s record breaking Gold Cup meeting, included:
* Dean Harrison taking his total of victories at Scarborough to 94
* Dean Harrison setting a new Supersport lap record of 1 minute 44.842 seconds
* Jamie Coward setting a new Super Twins lap record of 1 minute 49.468 seconds
* Lee Crawford/Scott Hardie becoming the fourth fastest Sidecar racers in history at Scarborough
Photo by Gary Howlett
* Six solo racers recorded sub 1 minute 48 second lap times
* Eight solo racers in total recorded sub 1 minute 50 second lap times
* 33 racers in total recorded top three finishes
* There was 11 race winners overall including first time Scarborough winner Lewis Arrowsmith
Reminder 2021 race action at Scarborough is now scheduled to get underway from the 22nd-23rd May, with the returning Spring Cup event hopefully taking centre stage.
Words by Stevie Rial #dontletfearcontrolyou