* Belgium enjoys representation this week courtesy of seasoned Billown course exponent, Jean Pierre Polet.
* The USA is also represented, via former Pikes Peak competitor, VRS Racing’s Adam Bauer.
* Renowned racing all-rounder Michael Russell, is astride just one machine for the latest ‘Friendly Races’ edition, the Fraser Evans & Sons backed ZX-636R Kawasaki.
* No less than 52 competitors are aboard Super Twin steeds.
* Michael Sweeney and Nathan Harrison are both confirmed non-starters.
* The official Castletown based Southern 100 fan park, opens at 2:00 PM.
* Barnsley’s Andy Smart makes his Manx road racing debut today. Smart has impressed at the first two
Oliver’s Mount Scarborough events of 2023.
* S100 returnee Mike Norbury, is set to link up with Team York Suzuki for the Oliver’s Mount, Barry Sheene Classic.
* Weather, weather, weather is the topic dominating this morning on Manx shores. Wet conditions in prospect for tonight’s opening qualifying stints? Looking like it at present!
Photo credit: Nick Wheeler
Words by Stevie Rial #dontletfearcontrolyou