The most notable nuggets of information to be revealed across tonight’s Southern 100 media launch, included:
• Ellan Vannin Fuels – new Solo Championship race title sponsors.
• Blackford Financial Services – 19th successive year Pre-TT Classic title sponsors.
• Jamie Coward to race Ted Woof’s Manx Norton at Pre-TT Classic.
• Hebden Bridge’s Coward is also due to race KTS Racing’s 750 Kawasaki.
• Harley Rushton set to make Pre-TT Classic debut.
• Live Southern 100 coverage is a possibility in the near future.
• Davey Todd will defend Solo Championship crown in July with the Milenco by Padgetts team.
• Jonathan Perry, Joe Yeardsley, SMT Racing’s Rob Hodson all confirmed for this year’s S100.
• New works Honda rider Nathan Harrison, to race Isle of Man Steam Packet Company backed machinery at Billown.
Additionally, Paul Jordan disclosed that he will remain with PreZ Racing, for the roads season ahead.
As in 2022, Magherafelt’s Jordan will race R1, R6 Yamaha’s, the same Z650 Kawasaki that propelled him towards the TT podium finishers circle.
For those that aren’t already aware, 2023 Pre-TT Classic, Southern 100 dates are as follows:
26th-28th May – Blackford Financial Services Pre-TT Classic Road Races
10th-13th May – Isle of Man Steam Packet Company Southern 100
Photo credit: Mark Corlett
Words by Stevie Rial #dontletfearcontrolyou