* Port Jack Chippy are amongst a band of loyal sponsors, supporting Marcus ‘Spartacus’ Simpson’s first Manx GP venture.
* Timothee Monot is Bimota mounted this weekend and next week, not Kawasaki powered as stated in the Manx GP programme.
* Notable non-starters include KTS Racing Powered by Steadplan’s Jamie Coward, Phil Crowe, ‘Tommy Club’ member David McConnachy.
* Commentary points around the Mountain Course return for the 100th Anniversary Manx, with reporting at Glen Helen, Ramsey Hairpin, respectively headed by Dave Christian and Rob Pritchard.
* Manx Radio’s joint lead commentators are Chris Boyde and Chris Kinley.
* Racers to have recently been ramping up the testing miles at Jurby included Austria’s quickest TT racer, DP Coldplaning/TC Racing team regular Julian Trummer.
* This year’s Guest of Honour is 1973 Senior race winner, Paddy Reid.
* Chief technical officer for this year’s MGP is Trevor Denning.
* Rider liaison officers are Dave Madsen Mygdal and Carolynn Sells.
* The recent weather systems that have wreaked havoc with travel plans for those travelling to IOM shores via ferries, has also caused problems directly in the paddock for competitors, impacting awnings, tents.
Photo credit: Mark Corlett
Words by Stevie Rial #dontletfearcontrolyou