* Tom Weeden’s participation in the opening Carole Nash Super Twins race, looked in jeopardy following problems during the warm-up lap session.
* Remarkably with just fifteen minutes till racing commenced, Weeden’s ER6 Kawasaki was race ready. The 2016 Senior Manx GP winner went onto finish a respectable 24th.
* A TT regular since 2007, Dave Hewson has announced that this year’s TT, will be his final campaign at the world’s most famous road race.
* Craig Melvin/Stuart Christian, twice winner John Holden have also announced their retirements from TT affiliated competition.
* The total mileage covered by racers during Wednesday’s Monster Energy Supersport race, exceeded 6,100 miles.
* 31 of the 38 race finishers claimed silver, bronze replica trophy accolades.
* Famous faces on Manx shores yesterday included Nic Hamilton, brother of seven times Formula 1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton, drifting aces Luke Woodham and Shane Lynch.
* Michael Dunlop is now third on the all-time TT podium finishers list, taking his tally yesterday to 38.
* Dean Harrison was the only Kawasaki mounted racer, finishing inside the top twenty of the Royal London 360 Superstock opener.
* 45 racers are due to take part in tomorrow’s Superstock race stint.
Photo credit: Nick Wheeler
Words by Stevie Rial #dontletfearcontrolyou