* Alongside Dunlop, Metzeler, Michelin, Maxxis Tyres also have representation in today’s RST Superbike race, courtesy of Nathan Harrison who has impressed many during practice week.
* Renowned author JC Williams (Frank N Stans Bucket List), is sponsoring No.32 plate holders in this afternoon’s 3 Wheeling.Media Sidecar race, Dave Quirk/Karl Schofield.
* Michal Dokoupil is delighted with how practice week has transpired, having got close to surpassing his personal best lap speed. Czech star Dokoupil stated yesterday that his YZF R6 Yamaha steed only has a standard engine.
* Bishop Castle’s Barry Furber, the only Yamaha mounted runner in the Bennetts Super Twins class, MT-07 Yamaha steed has been built by former Manx GP, Classic TT racer Gary Gittins.
* Hawk Racing’s Shaun Anderson, set to be 18th away in the six lap Superbike encounter, by profession now works for the TVS owned Norton brand.
* Those with a keen eye for subtle details, will notice that Julien Toniutti’s bikes have logo stickers titled ToniuTTi, get it!
* Amongst a host of racers setting unofficial PB’s during practice week, DC Racing’s Mike Norbury has stated that he is making steady progression around the fabled, mythical Mountain Course.
* Twice TT winner John Holden, a high-profile non-starter for race week, was pictured marshalling last evening.
* Just ten nations are set to be represented in the RST Superbike race.
* High profile pilots running Ohlins Suspension include Rich Energy OMG Racing’s James Hillier and making his 100th TT start today, John McGuinness MBE.
* To celebrate his 100th TT start, McGuinness MBE’s Fireblade Honda mount has a gold, white, red livery, alongside pictures celebrating many of the greatest moments of the Morecambe racer’s incredible TT career.
Words by Stevie Rial #dontletfearcontrolyou